Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Trunk or Treat

Jack's preschool has a Trunk or Treat event every year for Halloween.  This year I was one day out from hospital discharge after having Emma.  I was not deterred and wanted to be there to see him participate.  Before delivery I had stocked up for Halloween and gotten prepared for this event.  I did not get points for creativity, but a plastic tablecloth and a pumpkin banner seemed to be enough trunk decoration for a bunch of preschoolers as long as I delivered on the candy.  I can't take credit for our candy selection because Jack was adamant on the type of candy he wanted to give his friends. 
Jack decided that this year he would wear his Thomas the Train costume.  I think he is the cutest little conductor I have ever seen!

Checking out his loot
My trunk looks quite shameful compared to the other trunks on display at the event.  I couldn't get the tape to stick so I draped the tablecloth over the back seat and looped the banner on the door latches.  Hey, at 3 days postpartum I think that it rocks!  Jason was my chauffeur and the photographer since he could follow the kiddos around easily.  I was so happy that he got to participate in a school event since he usually is at work during preschool hours.  I think he got a big kick out of seeing the trunk or treaters as well and he made it possible for me to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment