Monday, November 28, 2011

Emma's First Day

I was able to keep Emma with me for hours after her birth.  She latched readily and it was so nice to keep her next to me.  When the time came for me to transfer rooms, Emma went to the nursery for her head to toe check and Jason accompanied her. 


First bath, got to wash all that hair!

I must say I am a little jealous that Daddy gets to witness all these firsts, but I also see the pictures he comes back with on the camera and on his phone.  It is in these first few hours when Daddy is her sole protector that their bond is established.  Emma holds his finger and he whispers and comforts her while she is experiencing all these new sensations.  She knows that this man is her Daddy and he is to be trusted. 
A baby burrito  
I wish that I could swaddle like the nurses at the hospital do.  We had a couple lessons, but it never held the way theirs did.  Oh well, now we swaddle with her arms out, and she seems to prefer it.  She doesn't have to grunt and push in order to break out of our cocoon of blanket we have wrapped her in.


Our first photo as a family of five!
Later in the afternoon, my mom brought Allison and Jack to meet Emma for the first time. Jason and I were so excited to see their reactions.  Allison has been waiting for a long time for a sister and was completely smitten at first sight.  Jack thought that Emma was hilarious and giggled the entire time he was looking at her.

Allison climbed into the bed with me to be able to snuggle with me and Emma some more.  She is already such a little momma.  She wants to hold Emma all the time and learn how to change diapers and give bottles. 
Mommy and her three babies!
I was so sad to see the two little munchkins leave that day, but I knew that my time in the hospital was short.  We planned for a morning discharge and would hopefully be home before lunch the next day.  That morning we got up and packed all of our things.  I got settled in the wheelchair and off we went.  The couple below is ready to face with world with three children to raise...there is no turning back now!
Ready to leave with our newest addition!


All snuggled in for the car ride
The Welcome Wagon
Jack and Emma
Allison and Emma

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love the pics of Allison and Jack with Emma--so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete