Monday, May 23, 2011

5 year check up

My baby girl is growing up so fast, and today proved it to me again.  Today was her 5 year well check up complete with four immunizations for kindergarten.  Her stats are as follows:
Height:  44.25 inches
Weight:  46 lb
Blood pressure:  100/62

She is in the 90th percentile for height and 75-90th for weight.  She has a perfect height/weight ratio.   After the prodding and inspection from head to toe, it was time for her shots.  She was quite anxious waiting for the nurse to come back into the room.  When the time came she turned her head away and squeezed her eyes shut.  After the first stick, she let out a little laugh and a small smile.  I think it hurt less than she expected!  She did not cry at all for her shots and was thrilled with the hot pink and hologram bandaids that she got to wear all day.  She got extra attention at school and made sure she sported them so it was the first thing Daddy saw when he came home from work tonight.
She is turning into quite the little lady and has a countdown to her birthday.  When you ask her how old she is she currently states, "I am four and a half but my birthday is in seven days" (holding up seven fingers).  When she was only a toddler, five was the age she strived to be.  She would tell you, "I two, I wanna be five."  This milestone is upon us.  I am hopeful that her fifth year is all that she imagined it could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment