Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Is it really December?

I turned around the other day and realized that we are now in the final month of 2012.  The weather is turning cold and Christmas is only a few short weeks away.  I need to complete my Christmas shopping and get the cards in the mail.  The kids are practicing for their holiday performances and our elf, "Peter Piperson" has been keeping a close eye on their behavior.
We have had a fun and eventful fall full of travel and adventures.  Jason and I went on an adult only vacation with our friends the Powells and returned relaxed and rejuvenated.
Next up were visits to the apple orchards and pumpkin patches as we took the opportunity to drive through the changing leaves of the North Georgia Mountains.

The tractor ride and apple picking at Mercier Orchards would have met my expectations of relaxed fall fun with the exception of the swarms of yellow jackets that were seeking the sweet apple juice of the fruit.  Not much could deter Emma from her first tastes of fresh apples though.

 Next up were our adventures to the pumpkin patch.  With our Halloween shirts donned we set off to achieve two goals.  1. To buy the biggest most beautiful pumpkin  2. To get pictures of my adorable pumpkins in the sea of orange.
Family picture at the patch
A year ago I sat on a pumpkin with my belly large and round and full of baby Emma.  It is amazing and humbling to think of all the difference a year can make!

Mimi and her pumpkins
On to another tractor ride!  We bumped through the sunflower fields and over a stream through the woods of Burt's Farm.  The kids loved it!

My sweet little man

Mimi and Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment