Monday, September 10, 2012

She is Marked as Christ's Own Forever


 "All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:The Lord God made them all."

Emma Catherine Chaloupek has been christened.  On September 2, 2012 we buttoned her into the family gown and much to our surprise, it actually fit.  Her godparents, Cory and Vanessa Hodgerson had flown in to attend the ceremony and our family lined up in front of the church to present our sweet girl for baptism. 
The front church pews were filled with family and we sang hymns of praise.  The presence of my grandparents overwhelmed me as the church filled with the opening chords of Grandmommy's favorite hymn.  I sang in celebration as well as I could since my voice was cracking with emotion. I was already choked up at the beginning of the service.  The commitment of my child to Christ is not just a rite of passage but a sacrament not to be taken lightly.  The joy of these moments and the connection they provide between heaven and earth is incredibly profound to me. 
We baptized Emma at Canterbury Chapel where Jason and I were married and where we also baptized Allison.  The children gathered around the front of the baptismal font and had a front row seat to the welcome of Emma into the church.  Emma cried a little, more because she wanted to play in the holy water instead of having it poured over her head.  She reached for me and I was able to hold her as she was anointed with oil.  We prayed, we processed, and we celebrated our sweet baby girl! 
The Godparents

Mimi's side of the family

Grandparents and their grandbabies

Aunt Laura

Auntie Anne

Daddy and Emma as captured by Allison


"He gave us eyes to see them, And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty, Who has made all things well."

No comments:

Post a Comment