Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Getting ready for a cousin!


My kids are getting cousins!  I am so thrilled that I am going to become an aunt!  My brother and his wife are expecting a baby in October and Jason's sister and her husband are expecting a baby girl in January.  We are over the moon excited for the blessings of these lives and the expansion of our family!  My children have been the grandchildren on both sides who have been the recipients of undivided attention.  I am excited for them to have strong relationships with their new cousins and to know the friendships that family can provide. 
Emma and I flew to Baton Rouge for Brandi's baby shower.  We stayed with her and Joe in their super cute home and were able to christen the nursery with baby juices.  Emma decided that she would get that "new nursery" smell taken care of for her new cousin!  Emma was an amazing travel companion and far exceeded my expectations on the flight.  She enjoyed the airport and all the attention she received from the TSA agents as well as fellow travelers.  Almost everyone we passed greeted her warmly with smiles and waves, everyone but the people at our gate that were going to be on our flight!
Mom and Aunt Laura were also there to celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby Tucker.  The shower took place on a rainy day outside of Baton Rouge, but the shower was fun and baby Tucker got lots of great gifts!
 Granny and Brandi with Emma at the shower.
 Aunt Laura, Brandi and me.  I had to jump in on at least one photo to prove I was there!
 Brandi with her mother and aunts.
Brandi and the hostesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment